Someone just hit your car... Maybe you have immediate pain, or maybe it takes a day or so to set in, which is not uncommon. You now need medical attention, an ambulance, hospital, orthopedist, neurologist, physical therapy, MRI, etc., who will pay for all of this ? Well, if you become injured in a car accident on Long Island in Suffolk County or Nassau County you are entitled to No-Fault insurance benefits from your OWN car insurance company. It does not matter who was at fault for causing the accident, your own company always provides you with No-Fault coverage. No-Fault will pay for all reasonable and medically necessary treatment related to your car accident. This includes payment for treatment received by EMTs, Hospital Emergency Room, doctors, testing such as MRIs, CAT Scans, X-rays, physical therapy, medications, medical equipment, surgery etc.
It also reimburses for travel expenses related to your medical treatment, as well as for lost wages. Lost wages will be paid at 80% of your gross, tax free, up to $2,000.00, $3,000.00, or $4,000.00, depending on what coverage you purchased. You must also file for New York State Disability if eligible, and those payments will reduce the amount that No-Fault will pay you. You have 30 days from the date of your accident to apply for No-Fault benefits with your insurance company. Every car insurance policy sold in New York provides $50,000.00 in No-Fault benefits, but you can purchase up to $175,000.00 in benefits. No-Fault benefits are available to all passengers in your car that become injured. If you are a pedestrian or bicyclist on Long Island struck by a car, that car's insurance company must provide you with No-Fault benefits. It is always a good idea to speak to an experience car accident lawyer on Long Island in Suffolk County or Nassau County if you require medical treatment for injuries sustained in a car accident.
You can call me at 631-402-5527 with any questions and to have an honest conversation about your car accident. No fast talk, no false promises, just straight forward legal advice. You can also visit my all new website at

Keep it safe out there.
Mark T. Freeley, Esq.