Wrongful Deaths Lawyer

Wrong Death Paper

Wrongful Death

When a loved one has been taken from us in a fatal accident, it is the emotional pain of the loss that is most present. It can be a long time before the reality of the situation settles in and the family members begin to realize the tangible losses their loved one’s death has caused. If your loved one was killed in an accident that occurred because of another person’s negligence, you may have grounds to seek compensation in a wrongful death claim.

At The North Shore Injury Lawyer, attorney Mark T. Freeley and his team know that no amount of compensation can ever make up for the loss of a loved one. However, financial compensation is the only form of justice available under New York law. Our only goal is to try to provide you with the financial support you need as you begin the transition into this new phase of your life.

Seeking Compensation For All The Losses Your Loved One's Death Has Caused

There are a number of types of damages that may be available in a given New York wrongful death case. Mark will take the time to fully understand the contributions your loved one made to your household and your children. He will use that information to present the most compelling possible case in an effort to secure the full measure of compensation available for your case. Among the benefits that surviving family members can seek in a wrongful death claim are the following:
  • Medical expenses
  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Your loved one’s future income
  • Loss of future benefits
  • Your minor children’s loss of guidance and support
  • Compensation for your loved one’s conscious pain and suffering prior to death

Do Not Wait To Speak With Mark About Your Wrongful Death Claim

There is generally a two-year statute of limitations from the date of your loved one’s death for you to file a claim. Mark represents clients throughout Nassau County, Suffolk County and Long Island. He offers a free initial consultation where you can learn more about your rights and legal options. Please call 631-495-9435 or contact Mark via email to schedule an appointment.